The Startup Grants
Startups could always use government Startup grants or in fact any kind of grants! Who doesn’t want free funding/money? Here is a list of grants in Malaysia, specifically for startups. If you would like to add more information, just comment below! I hope you find a suitable Startup grant to help you achieve your goals. Do note that most Startup grants have conditions attached, but are there to help Startups spend the free money wisely. It is also to prevent startups from abusing grants. These grants are provided by the government to help local businessmen flourish so that the country’s economy as a whole grows faster. If you are interested
Cradle Fund CIP 500 CIP 500 is a seed fund which primarily funds commercialisation, whilst CIP Catalyst is a pre-seed fund that funds the development of prototypes or proof of concept
Unfortunately, they have closed their startup grants program.
Update 13/6/2017: Cradle has a new grant!
The new Cradle grant has an enhanced Coaching & Mentoring programme, with a matching process to potential investors. They also offer networking events for Startups, as well as Media & PR support. Application link: here.
For more information:
For further enquiries, email us at [email protected] OR call us at 03 – 4045 8600
PlatCom’s website is vague, but, they do provide a matching grant last I checked. It is up to RM1m, and it is on a matching grant basis. To get the grant, you first need outside investors to fund 40% of your fundraising, and PlatCom will chip in the remaining 60%. Note that this fund is not for everyone, as it is limited to certain industries (it includes ICT if you’re a tech startup).
RM1,000,000 Matching Grant
Looking for someone to match this grant with? Let us know! We are an angel investor group looking for great Startups to fund.
Skim Usahawan Permulaan Bumiputera or SUPERB is an RM100 million grant fund to finance Bumiputera start-ups. Each team of entrepreneurs has to go through a business challenge by pitching their ideas for funding approval. There are 4 application windows throughout the year.
RM500k for Bumiputera Startups
Useful Startup Investment Resources
How useful was this post?