Startup Accelerator Program in Malaysia
Get Support From Successful Mentors, Experts and Partners
Startup Accelerator Program For The Top Early-Stage Startups In Malaysia
Background Of The NEXEA Startup Accelerator
The NEXEA Startup Accelerator Program is a leading accelerator program in Malaysia, backed by successful mentors/investors who have found success themselves.
We push Startups to get invested by the end of the accelerator program by using our proprietary Startup Validation Methodology.
The results are our portfolio of notable upcoming Startups who consist of notable Founders and market leaders.
We focus on creating value for Startups by providing our unparalleled NEXEA Startup Mentorship program into the Accelerator.
Our mentors are actual successful Entrepreneurs and Businessmen looking to give back to the entrepreneur community.
Our mentors have created huge value via sharing their network, knowledge, and experience in their specific expertise and industries.
12 Reasons to Join an Accelerator
- Validate if you even have a strong product or are in a large enough market
- Learn how VCs pick companies to invest in
- Get comprehensive support from mentors, corporates, and experts
- Accelerate your learning & growth via the program activities
- Access angel investors, family offices, and venture capital
- Get potential customers – via the media and networking opportunities
- Develop your skills required to run a Startup shared in the program
- Manage the risks of running a Startup by having fundraising and mentor support
- Get a big picture view of your own company via strategic mentoring sessions
- Grow the company faster in general via key sales & marketing learnings from peers & marketing experts
- Boost motivation & morale by meeting like-minded entrepreneurs
- Additional support post-accelerator like mentors, alumni group & more
Bonus: The top 5 Companies get RM50,000 in investment.
Special Partnership Agreements
For NEXEA Startup Accelerator 2019
AWS has kindly offered to provide cloud credits, technical support and training at no charge to eligible participants through their Activate program.
You may be eligible to enjoy some benefits from AWS Activate Program with cloud credits up to US$10,000, technical support and training to build and scale your startup.
NEXEA has partnered with Corporates to help Startups to network, conduct pilot tests, and to eventually do business with large corporates. Our goal is to support Startups and Corporates in growing together.
VC/Angel Startup Mentors, Startup Experts, and Support Partners
Top-Tier Support For Startups In The NEXEA Ecosystem
VC & Accelerator Startup Funding Numbers
Investment Statistics of NEXEA Companies
3X to 16X
50K to 1M
Startup Accelerator Program Breakdown
Accelerator Program Structure
This Startup Accelerator in Malaysia is unique as it is not a regimented mass-education model Accelerator Program. We focus on few Startups that we believe we can create additional value with our successful mentors.
1 Month Pre-Accelerator
3 Month Accelerator
The Startup Accelerator Deal
Equity For Mentors, Partners, Experts, and Cash
The Startup Accelerator provides Startups with Millions worth of Partner Benefits, RM50,000 Cash and Mentorship during the program in exchange for 8% Equity.
This was decided as a solution to the complexity in agreeing on the valuation of idea-stage Startups so that we can get on with building great companies.
It also acts as a transparent idea-stage funding deal for all our Accelerator Startups.
1 + 3 Month Personalised Accelerator Program
We guide Startups through a 1 +
This is done by improving traction, strategy, and the other fundamentals of a Startup with the guidance of mentors and experts. We also have a strong focus on validating the market, product and revenue of the startup.
Improving these attributes of any Startup sends the right signals for any Investor to be very interested in your Startup.
The Ultimate Mentors
Our Startup accelerator mentors are real businessmen that have exit/sold their business or currently run a public listed company. Most of them have experienced running a company from scratch to finish. Our mentors are also Angel Investors in Malaysia, so we are able to provide the best insights from the investment community.
Our mentors provide Startups with a network of CEO-level connections across Malaysia, huge knowledge & experience base, and intense, dedicated mentoring sessions.
Additional Information About The Accelerator
Program Timeline & Breakdown
1 Month Pre- Accelerator
– The 20 selected startups will go through a rigorous basic program where they will receive mentoring, consultancy, Amazon Web Service cloud credits and more.
– At the end of the first month, those 20 startups will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors in order to be selected for the second part of the program.
3 Month Accelerator
– The top 5 will receive RM50,000, mentorship & support from the best as they grow their sales.
– They will get access to facilities and potential pilot testing opportunities.
– During the Demo Day, the top 5 startups will pitch again in front of investors and corporates for more potential investments and pilot projects to grow your company further.
What Happens After The Accelerator Program?
Generally, after the NEXEA Startup Accelerator program, we continue to add value to our companies in a few ways:
- Continue to receive mentoring & support from NEXEA & our partners.
- Continue to get fundraising opportunities from NEXEA & its Angel Investors
- Introductions to local & regional Corporates, VCs, family offices, and Angel Investors.
- Engage & network with NEXEA Alumni of other Startup founders to support each other as we grow in numbers.
- Continue to receive opportunities & offers from NEXEAs corporate & government partners like grants, free credits, events & learning opportunities.
VC Startup Fund & Accelerator Application Requirements
Startup Investment Guidelines For Companies Looking For Capital And Support
Startup funding is reserved for technology Startups that meet our Startup Fundamentals criteria. Below is a rough guideline for entrepreneurs to figure out if they are a good match. These are merely guidelines, so feel free to ask us if you are unsure.
Your Startup should be solving a problem pain enough that people want to pay to solve it
Your Solution should be 10X better (figuratively) than the current best solution in the market to allow for disruption
Your Startup should have the potential to scale to more than 100M in Revenues minimum in a span of 5 to 10 years
Your Startup should be able to produce and maintain a healthy gross profit in the long term
WHAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR:
Companies Outside of Southeast Asia
We only fund businesses within Southeast Asia mainly in - Malaysia • Thailand • Indonesia • Vietnam • Philippines • Singapore
For the Accelerator, we only accept companies in Malaysia.
Traditional Businesses or Short Term Project Funding
Apply For The NEXEA Accelerator Program
Get Top Mentors, Experts, And Partners Supporting Your Company
Startup accelerator applications are processed quickest via this form. Our Analysts will guide you through the application process usually within a week via email. We try our best to meet Startup founders every week to determine if there is a good match.